If there is any day that you want your lips to look totally kissable, then that day has to be your wedding day. This is why we have compiled a guide of someo of our favorite pink and nude hues on the market, to help you navigate this crowded market.
Now, we are not saying ‘you must wear these for the perfect wedding day’ - we are just trying to help you and alleviate some of the stresses of wedding planning. Consider this our way of helping you tick one more thing off the list!
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This hue was made popular by Kylie Jenner, and is the ultimate ‘your lips but better hue’. Renowned for being one of the most popular MAC lipstick shades ever, complimented of course by MAC’s ‘Spice’ lip liner, ‘Velvet Teddy’ is a dreamy hue that will make you feel your absolute best on your wedding day.
This shade is a cult classic for a reason, and is the epitome of ‘if in doubt, wear…’ and it works every time. You can never go wrong with ‘Velvet Teddy’, so why not opt for this shade on your wedding day?
- Formula - MAC is well known for its gorgeous formula. This is a satin formula lipstick, so somewhere in between matte and glossy. This means that your lips will stay hydrated without being super shiny.
- Packaging - signature MAC style, this lipstick is encased in that classic black packaging that every makeup wearer knows and loves.
- Color - this is the ultimate natural nude and would compliment either a rosy colored eyeshadow look or a brown/nude eyeshadow look.
- Trend - so, this lipstick is associated with a trend so if you wanted to find an original gem that no one else wears and is completely unique to you on your special day, then this hue probably is not that.
This is a cult classic and an absolute favorite of so many makeup lovers. In fact, most people would say that this is what Charlotte Tilbury is most recognised for.
‘Pillow Talk’ is a rosy-toned nude lip. Slightly more rosy than a ‘your lips but better color’, this is the perfect shade to pair with a rose gold or champagne shimmer eyeshadow look.
This is again, a luxury treat to yourself for your big day, but we promise you that this will serve you so well. It is perfect for any occasion beyond your big day, but when you wear this hue after your big day it will be even more special as it will be a reminder of your amazing wedding day.
- Formula - the formula of this is slightly more on the glossy side, but the pigmentation is dreamy so this is by no means a sheer gloss vibe. This is a shiny and pigmented lip.
- Color - the hue of this lipstick is just dreamy, it is slightly verging on the pink side but it is very wearable and not at all intimidating, even if you do not find yourself naturally gravitating to pink shades.
- Packaging - the packaging is simply to die for, it is so elegant and chic. This hue is encased in the signature Charlotte Tilbury rose gold packaging and looks so luxurious.
- Rosy - this is more on the pink side, so if brown nude tones are your match made in heaven, then this is not the lipstick for your wedding day.
The Color Riche line by L’Oreal is a renowned favorite, and has been praised and loved by women all over the world for decades. This is a lipstick that will compliment you perfectly on your wedding day.
This made our list because of the price point, and for the quality of the lipstick. Over the years, the formula has changed and evolved and keeps getting better and better.
- Formula - this is verging on the matte side so as long as you prime your lips with a lip balm beforehand then you will be absolutely fine. But, don’t get us wrong, for a drugstore lipstick the formula is one of our favorites.
- Color - this is more on the nude side of the color spectrum, but is a complimentary warm nude shade.
- Packaging - sophisticated and classy, the signature black and gold casing is a chic addition to your makeup collection.
- Preparation is key - like I mentioned, as long as you prime your lips well beforehand then you will be absolutely fine and will avoid dehydrated lips.
Now, this is another luxury buy - but if it is for your big day then as we keep saying - WHY NOT?!
Are you noticing a recurring theme here? Basically, if you need someone to edge you closer to that luxury buy then that is why we are here.
This is another dreamy nude lipstick, and NARS are one of the best formulas for lip colors out there. The formula is super nourishing and hydrating, and the shade of nude is the perfect finishing touch to any bride’s look.
We’d class this as another ‘your lips but better’ sort of nude hue, as the color pay off and hydration that this formula gives you is second to none.
- Formula - this is a matte lipstick which delivers unexpected color and intense pigment.
- Color - this one that we would call nude with a hint of pink.
- Packaging - this is another ‘classic packaging’ sort of moment, and this lipstick is encased in the signature NARS matte black casing with the logo embossed into it. It is simple but so sleek and, dare we say cool?
- Velvet - the formula has been referred to as being a velvet lip, so it will glide on effortlessly and have the pigmentation of a true matte lipstick. But, if you are more of a gloss lover this won’t be the lipstick for you.
Yeah, we have another MAC lipstick here although this time, this is the Viva Glam collection which has featured lots of celebrity collaborations, but this hue is from the Viva Glam collection alone.
Loved and used by many celebrity makeup artists, this hue is complimentary on a range of skin tones and will give you that perfect bridal pout. This is a satin formula, so as well as giving you a gorgeous color this will leave your lips more on the hydrated side. We recommend priming your lips with a lip balm just to be on the safe side though!
This is one of our favorite lipsticks on our list as it is that nice happy-medium between a wedding treat, but this one does not break the bank.
- Formula - this is a satin lipstick, so against this has the pigment of a matte lipstick but the feel of a gloss. This lipstick glides on smooth and leaves behind a rich pigment.
- Color - verging on more of a pink than a nude, this is a beautiful bridal sheen.
- Packaging - slightly more jazzy than the classic MAC packaging, this packaging is black and fuschia so it is that bit extra special to have in your collection.
- Nude - more on the nude side than pink, if you are more of a rosy toned lipstick lover then this might not be the hue for you.
If you are looking for a lipstick that is perfect for your wedding day and forever after your big day, then the Rimmel Nudes collection is perfect for you.
This collection has a range of shades to choose from so depending on your skin tone you can find your perfect match with ease.
The collection ranges from lighter pink nudes to deeper rich browns, so depending on your skin tone and also personal preference, you should be able to pick out the perfect shade for your wedding day.
- Formula - the formula of these lipsticks is really comfortable to wear! We recommend prepping with a lip balm beforehand as this can get tacky after a few hours of wear, but the colour lasts really well and barely needs touching up.
- Color - super complimentary for all skin tones, this range will let you find the perfect shade for your skin tone.
- Packaging - this packaging is unique to this particular Rimmel collection and the lipsticks all come encased in light pink packaging which gives a nice feminine touch to this range.
- Shades - the lighter nudes tend to be more pink toned, and as you work your way through the range they become deep, rich browns. So if you are looking for a lighter nude then this might not be the range for you.
We have moved back to our luxury end of the wedding lipsticks, we just can’t help it - there are so many gorgeous options on the luxury market and we know that these will make you feel that extra bit special.
The YSL Rouge Pur Couture range is just dreamy, and will leave your lips looking plump and voluminous as well as leaving them with a gorgeous pink nude tint. This is a brand that has been commended and well-loved for its gorgeous luxury products, and its lipsticks are at the top of the list.
The quality and performance of this product is in its own league, and we think this is a top contender for your wedding day lipstick. It’s safe to say that this is the perfect shade for that perfect wedding kiss.
- Formula - one of the best formulas on our list, this lipstick will leave your lips hydrated, with a high pigmented color and this will last you all day. The only time you may have to touch up your lips is after a wedge of wedding cake, but aside from that, this lipstick is pretty kiss-proof.
- Color - this lipstick is a gorgeous blend of nude with a hint of rose, and this will give you the perfect bridal glow.
- Packaging - this comes in the signature YSL packaging and it screams luxury and chic. This is in gold packaging with the black YSL logo embossed on the side of the case.
- Luxury - this lipstick is definitely a big treat to yourself before your wedding, but, if you can’t treat yourself for your wedding day, then when can you treat yourself?
This lipstick is yet another gorgeous nude, and the Urban Decay Vice formulas are amazing for giving you a pigmented and glossy pout.
This brand is mostly recognised for its amazing eyeshadow palettes, but we felt that it deserved some recognition for its lipsticks too.
The formula of this lipstick means that it is not drying on the lips, and if you forget your lip balm then that will not be a problem with this incredible formula. This will leave your lips hydrated all day.
- Formula - the pigment of a matte lipstick, but the feel of a gloss - we feel like satin does not sum up this beautiful formula.
- Color - more on the nude side than pink, this is definitely for you if you love more of a neutral lip.
- Packaging - this is a slightly different style to the standard vice collection, as the casing for this matches the color of the lipstick rather than being the classic silver metallic shade.
- Kiss proof? - we wouldn't necessarily call this kiss-proof because the formula is so moisturising and hydrating it might transfer onto your partner's lips. But, if you’re not planning on a big snog until after the wedding then this will not be a problem.
Definitely a luxury splurge for your wedding day, but like we keep saying, if you can’t treat yourself on your wedding day, then when can you?!?!
This is moving even further up the luxury ladder, but, we can’t deny that this is the most perfect bridal shade of lipstick.
This is an absolutely perfect pink nude hue, and even if you are terrified of anything pink we guarantee that this will suit you. If there is a day to feel pretty in pink, then we’d say your wedding day is that day.
Tom Ford has been praised for its product quality for years, and is loved by many makeup wearers for this reason. This is an investment piece, but this will serve you exceptionally well for your wedding day and beyond.
- Formula - yeah, the formula of this is dreamy and lasts well on the lips. We would go as far to call this kiss-proof.
- Color - this is a gorgeous pink-nude color and is what we have coined as the perfect bridal color.
- Packaging - who doesn’t love the classic Tom Ford packaging? It is instantly recognisable, and is one of our favorites in terms of packaging. It is so chic and classy, and just feels so special.
Last but not least, again this is another luxury purchase for your wedding day. But, we had to include this lipstick because of its formula. And, it’s BURBERRY.
This lipstick is infused with a nourishing blend of rosehip, tea and lavender which all work together to keep your lips hydrated whilst still giving you a rich color pay off.
This range has a variety of shades, so if this one is not right for you then there will definitely be the perfect color for you somewhere in this range.
But, this shade in particular would look amazing during the spring and summer months, or if you have your wedding day abroad then this will compliment sunkissed skin perfectly.
- Formula - this is up to you completely! How? Well, you can either have a light sheen or build the color for a pigmented and vibrant hue.
- Color - this is more on the peachy-nude side so would be perfect for a spring or summer wedding makeup look.
- Packaging - this lipstick is encased in the classic burberry packaging, silver and with the checked Burberry pattern on the lid.
- Peachy - if you are looking for more of a nude shade, then this might not be the color for you. But, there are so many shades within this range so if this color is not right for you, there will definitely be a color in this range that is perfect for your wedding day.
So, we have charted the most gorgeous nude and pink hues that are just perfect for your big day. Of course, there are SO MANY lipsticks and variations of pinks and nudes and everything in between on the market. But, this is just a guide to help you navigate your way through such a busy and overwhelming market.
With a mixture of drugstore and luxury brands, we have done most of the hard work for you and we have picked out the best brands out there with our favorite bridal shade. But, this is just to help you and send you on your way to find your perfect bridal shade for your wedding day.